Wednesday 20 February 2019

Starting the year with a trip away....


January brought an exciting adventure!!  Daya, Finn and I escaped from Hertfordshire and travelled to Warwick training for a month with the fabulous Hughes Dressage.

Stunning views in the morning over Hughes Dressage

Finn looking pleased with his new space
The facilities at Hughes Dressage are absolutely incredible, everything is immaculate, well thought out, with the horses wellbeing at the forefront of every decision. 

Daya and Finn settled really well, they quickly adapted into their new routine of hand walking and grazing as well as some time on the walker, rather than their usual turnout in the field (which they definitely missed!).

Each week the horses had about three or four lessons and between training they stretched, lunged and had a day off. 


It was so good to train consistently with so much help. The horses absolutely thrived under Gareth's knowledgable tuition. 

Finn modelling his Blue Chip and Equo





I was so happy to see the improvement in the horses over the month. Daya and Finn are both currently training at Grand Prix..... we worked on finding the swing in the Passage, creating energy in the Piaffe, one time changes and lots of lines from the Grand Prix tests.

Thank you so much Gareth for all of the incredible training!! 


Daya rocking the Classic Dressage Double bridle











The team at Hughes were so welcoming and it was a pleasure to work on the yard during my stay.




Daya looking gorgeous in Catago Navy Diamond Range





A Ball!!!

I had a surprise invitation to a Ball....which was lovely,  apart from the fact I didn't pack a ball gown in amongst my breeches! and certainly not any heels!!  Julia Hornig was my 'Fairy God Mother 'and after finishing the yard on Saturday night I went into the house and there was a red ball gown and shoes in my size on the bed!  Awesome!


from the yard
Off to the Ball

We had a fun night with the wonderful Classic Dressage girls, thank you for taking me to my first ball of 2019!


Daya enjoying turn out when she got home!


I am so grateful to Gareth and Rebecca for having me, they are both so inspiring and have worked incredibly hard to create the ultimate training facility!

Also a huge "thanks to the team at Hughes" for talking care of me and the horses, we had a great time!

"Thank You" to the Young Professionals Programme for supporting me in this time away, it really was a career changing opportunity!

Digging a track in the snowy arena to continue training when we got back... "it was easier at Hughes!!'



No comments:

Post a Comment