Monday 13 October 2014

September....

September is coming to a close...I got two black eyes and a broken nose.... Ok not quite broken but it hurts enough!
I have had two main events this month, the British Dressage Nationals and Morton Morrell British Eventing, quite a mixed month.
Bing had a good Nationals scoring 68.34% to finish 11th in a very hot medium open class and Mabel had her first Big show experience, and her reaction was one of shock.

Louis competed at Morton Morell the following week, and it was all going very well tilll the cross country. We went out the start box on a score of 29 (one pole to add to a 25 dressage).
Unfortunately we had a good ride till fence four then I couldn't tell you what went wrong but Louis and I had a rotational fall. I have never eaten so much dirt in one mouth full, but it didn't stop me voicing my immediate concern as to where Louis had disapeared to (I can only remember taking off). 
We both seem to be fine, Louis has a few scratches and will need physio, and I have a bruised face and legs. Air jackets really are amazing, it protected all of my torso.  

This lifestyle never fails to keep you grounded and put it all into perspective.....

No comments:

Post a Comment